My Principles of Interior Design

I came to the realisation yesterday that I have never written about interior design. Considering it is increasingly becoming a large interest of mine, this struck me as odd, especially when a lot of my down time is spent flicking through the worn pages of my favourite design books and magazines. Maybe the reason for the topic’s absence on this blog is that design of any kind, by its nature, is something visual. Literacy exclusively cannot do justice to the topic. It is an accompanying interview to enthralling images, a small detail of a mysterious artefact to enhance the visual medium. I am no photographer and, at the time of writing, have no one to interview regarding interiors (or, at least, no one who is proud enough of their interiors to be interviewed – student digs can be rough). Also, there is only so much you can do with rented property, especially a student apartment that will only be the place of residence for a few years maximum. Personally, I believe that there is a pretty wide margin for the budding design enthusiast to personalise their student accommodation – I consider my own apartment a decent example of this – but walls of limitations often appear regardless of creativity and dynamism.







Comments